According to the level of every trekking, we have divided in 3 categories: intense level, in which hiking is hard and the person must be very well trained and have some experience in this kind of trekking, intermediate level, in which is advisable to be well trained but previous experience is not required, and light level, to any person who likes to walk in a good rhythm.
Trekking in the Patagonia in the 5 National Parks:
- Tierra del Fuego National Park (Ushuaia)
- Torres del Paine National Park (Paine, Chile)
- Los Glaciares National Park (Calafate y Chaltén)
- Nahuel Huapi National Park (Bariloche)
- Lanin National Park (San Martín de los Andes)
There are 10 different trekking in Patagonia:
- Patagonia Trekking Adventure Full (Intense Trekking)
- Patagonia trekking Adventure Vip (Moderate Trekking)
- Patagonia Trekking Full (Moderate Trekking)
- Glaciers & Trekking Torres del Paine (Easy Trekking)
- Torres del Paine & Tierra del Fuego Trekking (Easy Trekking)
- Fitz Roy and Perito Moreno Glacier Trekking (Easy Trekking)
- Trekking Patagonia Torres del Paine (Easy Trekking)
- Adventure Trekking Chalten (Moderate Trekking)
- The “W” of the Torres del Paine (Intense Trekking)
- Patagonia trekking Continental Ice (Intense Trekking)
These trekking tour from Southern Patagonia (Ushuaia+Paine+Calafate+Chaltén) to Northwest Patagonia (Bariloche+San Martín de los Andes+Junín de los Andes). Of all the itineraries the most requested is the one that is called Patagonia Trekking Full, because its level goes from intermediate to light and anyone can do it, the person has to be well trained and like hiking very much.
The advantage of this program is that it tours the 3 Southern Patagonia´s parks. The Patagonia Wild Trails is a more intense program, even previous experience is not required, but it takes a 7 hours rhythm of diary walking with some stops and it also touches the 3 parks. In the case of the Continental Ice Field and the Glaciers Route Trekking, have an expeditionary level, where activity is very intense. Another intense program is the Fitz Roy Trekking and the Torres del Paine W Circuit. For those who prefer less intense hiking and not so many hours for walking, we suggest to take the Patagonia Discovery, Patagonia Explorer, Glaciar Perito Moreno & Fitz Roy Trekking, even the very same Patagonia Trekking Full, as it does not require huge sacrificies and anyone can access to it.
Trekking in Northwest
Trekking in the Northwest are done in the Quebrada de Humahuaca, in Jujuy and San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. In the Argentinian Northwest the oldest villages of Salta and Jujuy are toured, and we can find native cultures like incas or kollas. Salta brings out the vineyards region, Cafayate, and the Quebrada in Jujuy next to the prehispanic villages such as Tilcara, Uquía, Iruya or Purmamarca, known as the Cerro de los Siete Colores. What is more, apart from Humahuaca, the Salts are also very attractive in the Puna. Another beautiful place is the silvan region of the yungas, that is why we will go to them! In the north of Chile, we stop in San Pedro de Atacama, to go to the Atacama´s Desert, one of the most dry regions in the world, which is surrounded by lagoons, such as the Altiplanic Lagoons of Miscanti or Miñiques and we can appreciate the condors´flight and the coloured flamingos which live near the lagoons.
We will also notice the salts and the incredible geysers with their huges water vapour columns. We highly recommend the trekking Salta, Uyuni & Atacama, not only because it touches Argentina and Chile, but also because it gives us a complete vision of the Altiplano, the Quebrada and the Salts, as it reaches Bolivia and we can walk around the Salar de Uyuni. These trekking will bring us memories of amazing landscapes and we will be in touch with millenial ways of life, by exploring the same path that the Kollas first and the Incas then did. We will be surprised with their farming terraces which we will find in the high valeys and the sheperding in the quebrada zone. People´s warmth is so rewarding in these paths where we stop in time to go back to our ancester´s past.
There are 6 different trekking in the Northwest:
- Nordwesten Trekking (mittlerer Schwierigkeitsgrad)
- Puna & Atacama Trekking Full (intermediate)
- Puna Trekking Full (intermediate)
- Salta, Uyuni & Atacama Trekking (intermediate)
- Atacama & Humahuaca Trek (light)
- Atacama Trekking (intermediate)
- Puna & Yungas Trekking (intermediate)
There are intermediate intensity trekking, which means that they are any person can have access to them, and they are for those who really wants to know the North of Argentina and Chile, as it does not require previous experience. Even the Atacama & Humahuaca Trek is an easy trekking program. The itineraries can be done between the months of October and April, except the Atacama Trekking program which can be done all year.